Sunday, January 2, 2011

5D 4N trip to Bandung and Jakarta

Firstly I would like to thanks my dear Friend, Anita. Because of her, I would be able to make to this trip. Never think of travel to Indonesia.. is not in my travel list. Well, is my dear friend wedding, I am really so happy for her and this will be a good experience as well to spend some of my time traveling to Indonesia during the trip. I was so so happy can witness this...


Next, I would like to thanks Cannie, for arrange the trip to bandung and in Jakarta, she might not the perfect 'tour guide' but she definitely the best travel accompanies, she gave us laugh during the trip. Her blur blur way of arrangement gave us another special traveling experience. In general the trip was fun. Also thanks Ana, Suggis, Thomas & chris. Make this trip a wonderful trip.


Also thanks to Aris, accompanied me during this trip, therefore im not alone again ... but she gave me a heart attacked.... she lost her booking itinerary, so we thought that she might didn't successfully booked her ticket.... lucky it was just a shocked... we still able to travel together.


4 November 2010, Thursday, 0830
Took bus from home to airport. 25 minutes reached airport Terminal 3, transfered sky train to terminal 1.


We were Boarding to the flight 0950. An hour flight journey reached to Jakarta @ 1150.


Exit Gate 2D (Pintu 2D), you will see A&W restaurant, turn right to the Cipaganti bus counter. We purchased the 27 seater bus ticket @ RP 75,000. @ 1200 to Bandung alight at Pasteur Giant. We were quite rushing as we want to save the traveling time, so we bought the A&W set and had it in the bus. 4 hours bus journey to reach the destination. The bus provided us the mineral water, quite friendly staff. Before boarding on bus, 2 set A&W meal cost only Rp 84,000.


1600, reach to Giant Pasteur. took the taxi to hotel D'Batoe. The driver charge us at RP 50,000. (At the same night, we took cab from the same price back to hotel is only Rp 30,000, because we have some indonesian friend with us. So be smart, negotiate more.. ) We found the price is reasonable to without much negotiate we took the cab.


20 minutes later, we reached. Had some problems with the staff, as my friend was not around, the staff barely understand english, I spoke with him in Malay due to different slang and vocab, we had hard time to communicate, however, the staff were friendly and we had pleasant stay still. The room cost me about Rp 624,600. 


The room is nice... but terrible internet speed.. wasn't moving at all... I was unable to check my email, sighed, my company need me... well what to do.. take my rest since i can't do anything ... hopefully the next hotel will have better internet access.


well well well ... so we just rest... shower and enjoy our time.. 


either time was passing fast or because the traveling make us hungry.


Around 6pm, we were looking for dinner... and you know what.. terrible things happened... similar in Vietnam...


The traffic was terrify... you got to be daring to cross the road, catch the right timing to cross, zebra crossing doesn't work there... and if you gonna wait till lesser car... i believe you might take 30mins to cross the street... 


Tips: catch in right timing, look for low car speed driver... once you cross just continue to walk, do not hesitate.. as the driver will look after you.. 


We had our dinner at Po ka Tiam, the restaurant just nearby the hotel. It is a chinese restaurant. Price moderate, food moderate. Ambience very nice. Simple decor. Very comfy. We spent Rp 80,630 for two of us. After dinner, we bought some mineral water for the next day. The mineral water here was selling cheap. 1.5 litre was selling at Rp 3,100 only. We bought 2 bottles of water & oreo total cost is Rp 18,800.


We were really tired, after dinner back to hotel for rest. Almost to sleep, we got a call from Cannie. She brought us to KTV!! haha... this was really a fun time.. so many KTV kings & queen.. KTV here also quite cheap each of us paid only Rp 29,000. 










5 November 2010, Friday
Anita had arranged us the van with driver from white horse, so he will drive us to any place that we want. The cost for the van 2 days is only Rp 1,105,000 is good for 8 person sharing. The van is comfortable with reasonable price. 

Breakfast at hotel. We were too early, the chef and the staff were busy to prepare the food for us..  I was very happy with their services. 

Check out the hotel, moved all our luggage to the van. Here we start our journey, exploring Bandung. 

We went to Gunung Tangkuban Perahu. There are still active volcano at this area. 

None of us expected of this trip. None of us do any homework about this place. So... we were so cool... its height 1830m from sea level... strong wind... and most of us were wearing sandal... this was really a memorable trip ... we make it.. hiking with sandal... -.-'''

The mountain was managed by private organization, they hired security staff to ensure the safe for the tourist. When we enter to the zone he will be with us along the trip to ensure we are safe. He works from 7am - 5pm. Every time before he knock off, he has to ensure that no one was leave behind. 


The more inner zone - kawal Upas will be close around 4pm, or when is bad weather. This area is very close to Kawal baru which the valcano still active, so this entire will close if there is a warning of the bombing of kawal baru. 


According to him, many wedding couple would like to take photo here. He story us quite a lot of story. 


There were tourist been here for hiking alone, and he was lost. The rescue team spent about 9 hours to find him. 


One more case, a tourist who was too focus to take photo and he slipped but he was lucky that he didn't fall down to the cliff, and the rescue team able to save him. 


Seriously, I was quite scared when we were taking photo at certain places... But you can't deny the beautiful scene over here. Definitely worth trip even tracking with sandal... hahaha


After the hard time, we spoilt ourself with some 'high tea'.. hehe.. this my first time.. here in Bandung, they grilled the corn and eat with chilies sauce.. amazingly taste nice.. bit weird.. but really yummy.

Not only that, I was very curious about a drink called Bandrek, so i tasted it, very nice and it cured my running nose.. taste sweet with some ginger flavor, added some coconut slides inside. I felt my body so warm after I drink it... I miss it now~


Another yummy food which I would say must eat when you were there. Is hot and I am sure is nice to eat with the cold weather. --->Tahu Goreng. It's crunchy outside and very soft & tender inside, juicy... I bought 1pc for try and in the end I bought 10pcs.. me and my friend were regretted after that... we should have buy more... is so so yummy~


If you love chili, eat with chills padi. It give another flavor for the tauhu. The tauhu is selling in plain one or with filling. Both of them thumb up!


Leaving here, we went to hot spring. This was not the hot spring that I imaged of, this is more like a hot spring swimming pool. We need to pay entrance fee to the hot spring and the fee for using the pool. Total per pax is Rp 50,000. 


Not many people here, quite okay for such price, of cause don't put too much expectation. 


While on our back to Bandung town, along the way, I realized that the houses in Bandung are not organize. No idea how the air circulation and I think they can hear each other quite clear.. maybe? maybe not?


After I think about 1 hour journey, we backed in town and we had our lunch+dinner at Bumbu  Desa. Authentic Sudanese cuisine. When I saw the flies, I was thinking to change the place, but was too hungry.. so closed my eyes... see no evil... well... nothing happened to me after the meal. 


This restaurant is really nice. Yummy food, although many flies.. but they re-heated it before served to us. This can kill most of the germs. So it save for consume. haha


Also realized another things here... the chicken here is so skinny... I mean in Indonesia.. compare to other places.. the chicken here a lot healthier.. hardly find any fat on them....


We enjoyed our meal here. So full. I had 2 bowl of rice. Long time I didn't eat with hand.. so yummy~ mama mia~


Next we went to Prima Rasa, while waiting our bus, we relax ourself there. What I saw here was really impress... a bakery shop... most people here shop with basket.. full of basket.. 3 cashier counter... long Q.. I was really curious. So I bought some too. According to a friend, this bakery shop was famous with their brownie cake. Their signature cake here~ This shop is only available in Bandung. 


Time getting closer... we took a cab went to some where nearby our bus area. We walked around the shopping mall. 


When time get closer.. we realized that we were rushing out of time. Hurry take our luggage and run... really run under the rain... 


We run all the way to the bus counter and unfortunately we were in the wrong outlet. There were some miscommunication. Too bad, so we took the shuttle and wait 1 hour at the other outlet. 


We reach Jakarta around 12 midnight and worse part was... we about to reach... there were a road block.. we were so tired.. and the police were checking on us slowly~ 


Finally when we reached to the hotel Harris .... shower.. get into bed.. extremely tiring day. 












6 November 2010, Saturday
After a tiring day, we were slept till quite late... we had our breakfast at a small cafe. Very home style .... bit dirty but we just wanna to grab some for breakfast. Wow, the food here yummy and was so cheap. I had some noodle with omelet and tauhu at only Rp13,000. 

Backed to hotel, while waiting for Cannie. Suggis went to salon for hair cut. I went to gym and Aris rest at room.

Gym machines well maintained. I went to swim also. The staff was friendly. He suggest the interesting place for me, showed me how to use the machines too.

Nice stay here~

Around 12noon, with Cannie we took a cab to Plaza Indonesia which like the ION Orchard. Huge mall with most of the luxury brand selling here. 



Coincidently, there was a Jakarta Culinary Festive here, while waiting for the slot we went inside and have some food tasting... yummy and fun. 


We had very delicious penyet. I ordered the beef meet penyet. The meat very soft and the belacan is hot too... wow love the dishes... 


After the sumptuous meal, we went to Monas. The National Monument, unfortunately we were too late. The operation hour is from 8am - 3pm daily. 


So if you were visit to Jakarta please arrange during morning time. At night shopping & dining will be good. Some spa session will be great also. 


We spent a little time there, took some nice photos and we decided to go for massage at Marthatilaar. Each of us pick the message session. We spent about 3-4 hours there. This my first time doing spa. I was a bit awkward when naked myself in front of the massager. It was very nice experience. My body smoother after the spa... hehe so happy~ It was very relaxing.. I fall slept during the spa... hehe


Finished spa, here dinner time again..... we took cab and alight at some where nearby our hotel. 


We walk along the street and enter to the shop that we think is nice... Each shop we order 1-2 dishes.. we shared and again we continue with other restaurant... this was crazy but fun... and the best way to taste all the different food in the shortest time. 














First we tried soto & satay. Soto was nice but I still prefer Malaysia one. The soto in Indonesia not that spicy. I love the one in Malaysia with spicy kicap. Satay also quite different with Malaysia & Singapore. The condiments has some mixture of different nuts... bit sweet but not too sweet. very unique taste.



Then we tried pemphek, something like the fish cake.. they have different type... some wrapped with egg, and some served with soup. Quite special too. 


After that, we saw a stall making murtakbak. They fried it with a lot of oil instead of grill. Well, maybe is yummy but dare not too try... high cholesterol. 


Lastly, we tried the char kueh Teow. Salt but just nice. I love the bean sprout, small and fresh and a lot... each bite with the bean sprout actually gave a fresh texture in my mouth.. yummy~ too bad my stomach was not good.. I was quite full so I just took few bite... 


After so much food that we put in our stomach... so we decided to walk back... well.. the terrible traffic here.. please beware when you cross the road. 


End of the day. Back to hotel. Rest for the next day. 




7 November 2010, Saturday
Finally, today the day why I was here. My friend, Anita's wedding. We woke up quite early, get ready ourself, make up... dress up.. be nice to attend the wedding. 


When we reached the ballroom, wow, the theme was so great and the set up was very nice. A photo booth with a picture of the couple which allow us to take photo that really the best memory capture session. 


Ballroom set up was grand. very nice.. i can't wait to see her... 


Finally, waiting time has passed... here the bride and her groom... in the ceremony. I am glad that I able to witness this. But this couple make all of us cried.. The most touching wedding that I ever attend. Love you dear, you are blessed. 


Followed by her dinner at night, we were helping her to be ushering the guest to the ballroom. It was fun. It was like a company annual dinner .. haha .. I enjoyed it very much... ~


The night end with a lot of joyful. Here I witness her from miss to mrs. And I know a lot of new friends. 




8 November 2010, Saturday
End of my trip, heading to airport back to Singapore. Wonderful trip however it was a short trip~

No comments:

Post a Comment